EmComm East is an amateur radio emergency communications conference, created by Monroe County ARES in New York.
EmComm East is an all-day conference, featuring presentations on disaster response, communications technologies, parking lot and vehicle displays, and much more.
Our first conference was in 2008, and we have enjoyed tremendous support from the American Radio Relay League, the ARRL Atlantic Division, Monroe County Office of Emergency Management, and many others.
- Keynote Speaker: Harold Kramer, WJ1B, ARRL Chief Operating Officer
- Joseph Ames, W3JY, Reintegrating ARES and NTS
- Jim DiTucci, N2IXD, Lessons Learned from Northern Border Exercise
- Ralph Dutcher, KD2BDZ, Lessons Learned from Northern Border Exercise
- Bill Edgar, N3LLR, Atlantic Division Update, ARES Leadership
- Peter Lamb, N1NVE, ARES/RACES Community Partnerships
- Jeffrey Richman, KE5CDL, Red Cross Disaster Technology
- Jim Stefano, W2COP, Comm Center Deployment – On The Fly
- Philip Theis, K3TUF, Telecom and Amateur Radio Backup
- Paul Topolski, W1SEX, Boston Marathon Communications Plan
- Matt Welch, W8DEC, ARES and Fun Activities. Keeping the spirit alive!
- Do you have a vehicle you want to bring? Let us know and we’ll publicize it here!
Parking Lot Demonstrations
- Jon Dickason, N2JAC, HSMM-MESH demonstration
- Have something you’d like to share? Bring it and show it off in the parking lot!
- See photos of past conference parking lot demonstrations
- ARES and Fun Activities: [Slides]
- Norther Border Exercise: [Slides]
- Red Cross Disaster Services: [Slides]
- Reintegrating ARES & NTS: [Handout — Hurricane Sandy] [Slides]
- Broadband Hamnet / HSMM-MESH [Slides]
- Comm Center Deployment – On The Fly [Slides]
|Start/End Times||Golisano Gateway||Auditorium||Breakout Room A||Breakout Room B||Breakout Room C|
|8:00 – 9:00 AM||Registration & Breakfast|
|8:30 – 9:00 AM||Presenter Briefing|
|9:00 – 10:15 AM||Keynote
Harold Kramer, WJ1B
|10:30 – 11:30 AM||Boston Marathon Communications Plan||Atlantic Division Update|
|11:30 – 1:00 PM||Lunch & Parking Lot Demonstrations|
|1:00 – 2:00 PM||Telecom and Amateur Radio Backup||ARES Leadership||Lessons Learned from Northern Border Exercise|
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||ARES and Fun Activities. Keeping the spirit alive!||ARES/RACES Community Partnerships||Reintegrating ARES and NTS|
|3:15 – 4:15 PM||Red Cross Disaster Services Technology||Comm Center Deployment – On The Fly|